English Doctoral Degree Requirements
Program | Faculty
| Master's | Doctoral | Courses
Time required to complete the doctoral program is normally four years beyond the master’s degree.
For students in the doctoral program, the following requirements are in addition to those for the master’s degree:
1. Recommendation for the doctoral program by the committee for the advising session;
2. Six courses, of which at least four must be seminars or the equivalent, with a cumulative average of B or above;
3. Successful completion of the language requirements;
4. Residence for one year;
5. Satisfactory performance in the Ph.D. examination;
6. Satisfactory completion of a dissertation;
7. Some teaching experience.