Adjunct Professor of German & Scandinavian Studies
Professor of Political Science
Location: Thompson Hall
Phone: (413) 545-2438
Comparative politics and policy; Western Europe; Scandinavia
Ph.D., Harvard University
Current and Recent Courses
Comparative Public Policy
Comparative Foreign Policies
- “Social Defense and National Security: the Globalized the Danish Welfare State,” in Danish Foreign Policy Yearbook 2006
- “Denmark: Euro-Pragmatism in Practice,” in The European Union and the Member States, 2nd ed. Edited by E. Zeff and E. Pirro. (2006)
- “Liberalism and Social Democracy in Western Europe” in Comparative Democracy and Democratization, H.J. Wiarda, ed. (2001)
- National Security and Post-War Politics in Denmark (1975). Co-author with John Logue: Modern Welfare States: Politics and Policy in Social Democratic Scandinavia (rev. ed. 2003)
- “Scandinavia,” in European Politics. Edited by C.Hay and A. Menon. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- "Scandinavia: Still the Middle Way?" in Europe Today, edited by R. Tiersky (rev. ed. 2007).