Gen Ed: The Basics
- All students are required to complete the Gen Ed experience; requirements can be found under Fulfilling the Requirements
- It may be helpful to review the curriculum areas as you plan your Gen Ed experience
- Your Academic Requirements Report, accessed through SPIRE, shows your progress in meeting graduation requirements, including Gen Ed courses
- You may not take Gen Ed courses as pass/fail
- You may use only one major department course for a Gen Ed requirement (visit the Registrar's webpage for the full explanation)
- For a listing of courses available each semester, visit the Course Offerings webpage
For assistance with Gen Ed courses:
- All students are welcome to visit Academic Advising Link in the Learning Commons.
- If you have declared a major, your academic advisor may help you select Gen Ed courses to complement your major (visit the Registrar’s webpage for assistance locating your Academic Dean).
- If you are undeclared, you should consult your advisor at Undergraduate Advising.
- Domestic exchange (including Five College) students with questions about Gen Ed should consult the Domestic Exchange Program.
- International exchange students should consult the International Programs Office.
- Transfer students and students who enrolled in the University prior to 2002 should consult the Registrar's Office for information on Gen Ed requirements.