Welcome to the website of Fluid-Structure Interactions Laboratory of University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
We work on various aspects of Fluid-Structure Interactions, Nonlinear Dynamics, and Biomimetics. See our current research projects here.
Our Lab is located at Room 100 of Engineering Lab Building.
Left to Right: Shruti Ladge, Banafsheh Seyed-Aghazadeh, Anil Jain, Pariya Pourazarm, Yahya Modarres-Sadeghi, Benjamin Kandaswamy Chinna Thambi, Steven Overko, Gary Chang, Niccolo Tagiuri
Not in photo: Lakshmi-Narayanan Ramanujam and Robert J. Pizzano Jr.
To submit an Abstract to the special session on Fluid-Structure Interactions at the Seventh MIT Conference click here.
- Article on VIV in floating wind turbines in wind systems magazine (Click here).
- Article on FSI in floating wind turbines in wind systems magazine (Click here).
- Our large-test-section water tunnel is now up and running (See it here).
- Our work on VIV of flexible cylinders is published in PRL (Abstract).
- A course on Fluid-Struture Interactions (MIE 597F) was offered in Spring 2011.
- An earlier version of our mechanical fish (built at MIT) was featured in the New Scientist.
- An article on our mechanical fish in PTM
- Email modarres AT engin DOT umass DOT edu to find out about project openings for Independent Study, Honors, Master's and PhD theses.