Opportunities for Leadership Support
A gift to The Feinberg Institute is a profound statement of faith in our humanity: Honoring those before us, affirming today’s commitment to justice, and ensuring future generations will strive to preserve peace and dignity in the face of tragedy.
In advance, we thank you for your generous consideration in establishing The Feinberg Institute and supporting its outstanding activities.
Special Program Gift Opportunities
|Friend of the Institute||$250,000|
|Events and Retreat||$150,000|
Endowment Giving Opportunity Descriptions
- Chair of The Feinberg Institute and Ongoing Operations Endowment
- The Feinberg Institute’s ability to establish itself as the preeminent site for the study of the value of human life and compensation requires visionary leadership and an appropriate endowment. The Institute is conducting comprehensive preliminary research to identify a uniquely experienced and talented academic expert to embrace and advocate for the critical examination of life, value, and compensation. This lead gift will allow the Institute to attract a renowned scholar to guide the Institute’s academic mission. It will also allow the Institute’s to host national and international conferences each year, produce white papers, articles, and other publications, and provide a definitive and sustainable model of leadership. The Chair represents a significant naming opportunity and will remain in perpetuity for this leadership commitment.
- Endowment Gift Amount: $10 million
- Visiting and Rotating Faculty Professorships
- The Feinberg Institute will establish limited term rotating professorships which will offer resident scholars the opportunity to conduct comprehensive research and create ongoing curricula designed to critically examine issues surrounding the value of human life and compensation. Additionally, the work of The Feinberg Institute will be greatly enhanced by hosting renowned field experts and prominent faculty from other institutions, from both the United States and abroad. These visiting professors will be supported for one year in-residence tenures at UMass Amherst and will truly define the scope of the Institute’s work.
- Endowment Gift Amount: $5 million
- Annual Seminar Series
- The Feinberg Institute seeks to bring scholars, policymakers and corporate leaders to the UMass Amherst campus to engage faculty and students through a series of on-campus seminars. Each year, appropriate, timely and compelling themes will be designated for the series, allowing speakers to critically examine relevant topics from a variety of viewpoints. This series will provide a crucial ongoing platform for scholars and students to explore issues surrounding the value of human life.
- Endowment Gift Amount: $3 million
- Graduate Student Fellowships and Scholarships
- Support for graduate student studies is critical to expanding the knowledge base of the Institute. Encouraging students to study these difficult and complex topics will help further define the long-range vision for the Institute while providing a generational impetus for young scholars to pursue a global understanding of the value of human life and compensation. These fellowships and scholarships will be awarded by the Institute’s leadership annually.
- Endowment Gift Amount: $2 million
- Library Acquisitions
- The Feinberg Institute will strive to create a comprehensive library of physical and web-based materials, including primary documents, books, articles, reports, and white papers. These special collections would attract scholars and students from around the world and serve as the most comprehensive and current archive on life, value and compensation.
- Endowment Gift Amount: $1 million