Family Research Scholars Program 2015-2016
Application deadline: January 23, 2015
UMass Faculty from all ranks (tenure track assistant, associate, full professors) and all departments are eligible. Representation across disciplines is desired. Proposals will be rated based on the suitability and appropriate timing of the proposed project for external funding, relevance to issues affecting families, and intellectual merit and broader significance. Preference is given to investigators from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and College of Natural Sciences. (If applicant is not a faculty member of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences or the College of Natural Sciences please contact Wendy Varner prior to applying in order to clarify the terms of participation and RTF distribution).
Please briefly describe the grant application you anticipate preparing in no more than 3 pages. Your application should describe a well-conceptualized project and indicate your readiness for drafting a large grant proposal immediately when the seminars begin in Sept. 2015.
· Proposed title which communicates the focus of your research;
· Research problem and specific contribution you intend to make in this area;
· Significance of proposed research and relevance to family research;
· Anticipated methodological approach.
- Indicate whether you will be the principal investigator and any anticipated co-investigators.
- List the sponsor(s) to whom you anticipate submitting the proposal and deadlines and a well conceptualized rationale for approaching these funders.
- Which semester do you anticipate taking a course release?
- Detail other external sponsored research support received (prior success in securing funding does not diminish your chances of participating in the program.
- Indicate if you will also be applying to any other faculty grant development seminar series for faculty including the Institute for Social Science Research program.
Please also include:
- · A one-paragraph abstract of the proposal (not included in 3-page limit).
- · Keywords - words or short phrases that specifically describe your research topic
- · Current C.V. - upload
- · Scholar Applcation - upload
- · Signed FRSP Participation Agreement Form from your Chair (and Dean if appropriate*) - upload and/or email by deadline (TBD)
You can find the form here: Download PDF
*If you are not a faculty member of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences or the College of Natural Sciences your application will need to include an agreement signed by the Dean of your college. Contact Wendy Varner: 545-3593 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request the agreement specific to your college.
Submissions can be submitted below or sent to Wendy Varner in an email attachment. Please contact Wendy with questions: 545-3593 or email@example.com.