Family Research Scholars Program 2016-2017
Application deadline: January 29, 2016
Notification: Mid - late February 2016
Optional: Attend the CRF/ISSR Workshop "How to Prepare an ISSR or CRF Scholars Proposal" on December 8th. Learn more HERE.
UMass Faculty from all ranks (assistant, associate, full professors) and all departments are eligible. Representation across disciplines is desired. Proposals will be rated based on the suitability and appropriate timing of the proposed project for external funding, relevance to issues affecting families, and intellectual merit and broader significance. Preference is given to investigators from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and College of Natural Sciences.
Please describe the grant application you anticipate preparing in 3 pages. Your application should describe a well-conceptualized project and indicate your readiness for drafting a large grant proposal immediately when the seminars begin in September 2016.
Scholars Application --- Please include:
- A proposed title which communicates the focus of your research
- The research problem and your specific contribution in this area
- Significance of proposed research project for which you will be seeking funding (demonstrate your preparedness for this program; tell us why this project matters)
- Relevance to family research (Families are a basic unit of human and animal life and research crosses academic disciplines and engages many perspectives to fully understand family functioning and its effects on individuals and societies; tell us why your project matters to families)
- Methodology (include the feasibility of this particular methodological approach)
- List the sponsor(s) to whom you anticipate submitting the proposal and deadlines and a well conceptualized rationale for approaching these funders (include links to announcement when possible)
- Any external sponsored research support received (prior funding does not impact your selection for the program)
- Indicate if you will also be applying to any other faculty grant development seminar series for faculty including the Institute for Social Science Research program
Please also include: (not included in 3-page limit)
- ► A one-paragraph abstract of the proposal - upload below
- ► Current C.V. - upload below
- ► Signed FRSP Participation Agreement Form from your Chair (and Dean if appropriate*) - upload and/or email by January 29, 2016 --- You can find the form here: Download PDF
*If you are not a faculty member of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences or the College of Natural Sciences your application will need to include an agreement signed by the Dean of your college. Contact Dot Morua-Fernandes at 545-4718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the agreement specific to your college.
- Optional: You may chose to include references regarding the research project as part of your proposal. These will not be included in the 3 page total.
To apply, please fill out online form below. Inquiries and questions may be directed to Wendy Varner at 413-545-5434 or email email@example.com.