Methodology Consulting Services (MCS)
CRF's Methodological Consulting Services (MCS) provides consultation in study design and statistical analysis to CRF affiliates. MCS has particular expertise in methods for analyzing non-experimental data that arise in studies of families and dyads, with an emphasis on multilevel modeling, structural equation modeling, and analysis of nested and longitudinal data. It also offers consultation on logistic regression, and multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA). MCS offers consulting in all stages of research, including design, sampling, measurement, and analysis.
· Issues in study design, measurement and sampling
· Power analysis
· Data analysis, including training in the use of software packages
· Contributing to methodology sections of manuscripts and grant proposals
Consulting services are provided by a team of faculty, CRF staff, and advanced graduate students. Dr. Aline Sayer oversees the consulting services and provides direct consultation, as well as on going supervision of the other members of the team.
Dr. Aline Sayer
Director, Methodology Program
Dr Sayer cultivates her students both in and outside of her classroom year after year. The brightest and best are invited to join the staff of consultants that service family researchers at UMass and their students as well as external clients.
Tina Chen is a Graduate Methodology Consultant and rising fourth year doctoral student in the Cognitive Psychology division. Her research focuses on basic item recognition memory, associative memory, mathematical models of these kinds of memory, as well as individual differences in memory. She is trained in a variety of statistical techniques, including ANOVA, regression, Bayesian statistics, hierarchical linear modeling, and structural equation modeling.
Facilities and Software
The Methodology Consulting Services are located in the CRF offices in 622 Tobin Hall.
- · It houses several computer workstations for individual consultation, software demonstration, and small group training.
- · A meeting room holding 15 seats is available for larger group training and consultation.
- · Software includes SAS, SPSS, and STATA statistical packages; specialized programs for multilevel modeling (HLM) and structural equation modeling (LISREL, M+), specialized programs for power analysis (Optimal Design; Power & Precision); and database transfer programs (DBMS/Copy).
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, fee structure or to schedule an appointment.