- About Us
- Research Programs
CRF's Methodological Consulting Services (MCS) provides consultation in study design and statistical analysis to faculty and CRF affiliates. MCS has particular expertise in methods for analyzing non-experimental data that arise in studies of families and dyads, with an emphasis on multilevel modeling, structural equation modeling, and analysis of nested and longitudinal data. It also offers consultation on logistic regression, and multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA). MCS offers consulting in all stages of research, including design, sampling, measurement, and analysis.
- Issues in study design, measurement and sampling
- Power analysis
- Data analysis, including training in the use of software packages
- Contributing to methodology sections of manuscripts and grant proposals
Expertise: Consulting services are provided by a team of faculty, CRF staff, and advanced graduate students. Dr. Aline Sayer oversees the consulting services and provides direct consultation, as well as on‐going supervision of the other members of the team.
Dr. Aline Sayer, Director of our Methodology Program, cultivates her students both in and outside of her classroom year after year. The brightest and best are invited to join the staff of consultants that service UMass faculty and students as well as external clients. Her mentors perform the analysis, advertise the expertise of the program and many times go on to have successful careers in the Methodology field.
Facilities and Software: The Methodology Consulting Services are located in the CRF offices in 622 Tobin Hall.
- It houses several computer workstations for individual consultation, software demonstration, and small group training.
- A meeting room holding 15 seats is available for larger group training and consultation.
- Software includes SAS, SPSS, and STATA statistical packages; specialized programs for multilevel modeling (HLM) and structural equation modeling (LISREL, M+), specialized programs for power analysis (Optimal Design; Power & Precision); and database transfer programs (DBMS/Copy).
- Up to 5 hours/year of consulting services is available to UMass‐Amherst faculty and students in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) and the College of Natural Sciences (CNS) without cost.
- An additional 5 hours/year is available to CRF affiliates (current and former CRF faculty scholars and steering committee members) for a total of 10 hours.
- Consulting beyond these 5‐10 hours for SBS and CNS faculty and students is available for an hourly fee.
- Consulting services are also available to faculty and students outside of SBS and CNS for an hourly fee.
- Project costs are determined by the scope of the project as described at time of intake.
Contact email@example.com for more information, fee structure or to schedule an appointment.