- About Us
- Research Programs
Two awards will be given to fund graduate students (either UMass or non-UMass) who wish to attend one of CRF’s summer Methodology Workshops at UMass Amherst in June 2013. These workshops will vary in content, but all will introduce innovative research methods and analytical models/tools.
Graduate students at an accredited university or college who:
* Are actively enrolled in an academic program and have worked with faculty advisers to identify a specific course of research.
* Can clearly articulate how their research will be enhanced by this particular workshop of intensive training in research methodology and analysis.
Applicants must demonstrate the relevance of the particular workshop to their research. Awards will be given for the amount of the workshop to two University of Massachusetts Amherst graduate students and one non-University of Massachusetts Amherst student each year. For non-UMass students, an additional award amount of $500 will be given in order to support travel to the campus and lodging to attend the week-long workshop.
Completed online application form including the following:
1. Complete and sign the attached application form.
2. Statement describing interest in the workshop and the relevance of the workshop to your individual research goals (Single-spaced, 1 page)
3. A description of your prior experience with research methodology and analysis (Single-spaced, 1 page)
4. Letter of support/recommendation from a faculty member involved in your research process.
5. Current resume.
Applications are due February 22, 2013 by 5 p.m..
Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee convened by CRF. The awards will be announced on March 8, 2013.
Please complete the webform below and upload the required documents. Confidential letters of recommendation should be given to Wendy Varner by email (email@example.com) or mailed to University of Massachusetts Amherst, CRF, 622 Tobin Hall, 135 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please contact Wendy with questions: 413-545-3593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.