Methodological Studies Award Application
Two awards will be given to fund graduate students who wish to attend CRF’s summer Methodology Workshops at UMass Amherst. These workshops will vary in content, but all will introduce innovative research methods and analytical models/tools.
Applications are due March 4, 2016.
Graduate students at UMass Amherst who:
* Are actively enrolled in an academic program and have worked with faculty advisers to identify a specific course of research.
* Can clearly articulate how their research will be enhanced by this particular workshop of intensive training in research methodology and analysis.
Applicants must demonstrate the relevance of the particular workshop to their research. Awards will be given for the amount of the workshop to two University of Massachusetts Amherst graduate students and one non-University of Massachusetts Amherst student each year.
Completed online application form including the following:
1. Completed application form.
2. Statement describing interest in the workshop and its relevance to your individual research goals (350 words or less)
3. A description of your prior experience with research methodology and analysis (250 words or less)
4. Letter of support/recommendation from a faculty member involved in your research process. Confidential letters of recommendation should be given to lynnette leidy sievert (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or mailed to University of Massachusetts Amherst, CRF, 622 Tobin Hall, 135 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003.
5. Current c.v.
Applications are due March 4 2016, by 5 p.m.
Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee convened by CRF. The awards will be announced in late March of 2016
Please complete the webform below and upload the required documents. Confidential letters of recommendation should be given to Lynnette Leidy Sievert by email (email@example.com) or mailed to University of Massachusetts Amherst, CRF, 622 Tobin Hall, 135 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please contact Lynnette Leidy Sievert at firstname.lastname@example.org with any qustions.