WILL I EVER PUBLISH AGAIN??..AND OTHER CHALLENGES FOR PIs
Maureen Perry Jenkins
One of the greatest challenges to running a grant is remembering that it is really "all about the research". It is very easy to get caught up in the every day administration and personnel issues and put off the analyses and writing that are necessary to be successful.
If you currently are a Principal Investigator of a grant and you have found yourself asking....
- Am I ever going to be able to write again?
- What do I do when I have no accomplishments to list in my first year continuation report?
- How do I deal with my RA who is not pulling their weight?
- What happened to my personal life?
- Who on campus can help me?
- Where did my co-PI go?
Then you need to come spend a couple hours with us during finals week!
On Wednesday, May 9th from 12 noon - 2 pm in Campus Center Room 804 we are holding an informative presentation/discussion about these and other questions.
Since this luncheon will be only for faculty who are principal investigators on grants or new faculty managing start-up funds and trying to get their research going, you will benefit from your colleagues best practices, advice and experiences.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4th, 2012