Dhandapani Venkataraman, Chemistry
Lynn Adler, Biology
Rick Pilsner, Environmental Health Sciences
Lynne McLandsborough, Food Science
Maureen Perry-Jenkins, Psychological and Brain Sciences; Center for Research on Families
What does a successful lab look like? How does your team help to accomplish the goals of your research? What are your expectations for your students? What is your management style?
Come explore these questions and learn about effective strategies from a panel of faculty investigators with productive research labs!
Panelists will talk about the mistakes they’ve made and lessons learned and best practices to:
- Create and support successful research teams
- Cultivate a positive and productive atmosphere
- Leverage different working styles and skills
- Facilitate and improve communication among the team
- Efficiently integrate undergraduates in research in meaningful ways
- Track the budget and much more!
For more information: contact Wendy Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is offered in collaboration with the College of Natural Sciences as part of the “I am a PI: Now What?!” grants management series developed by the Center for Research on Families in partnership with the Office of Research and Engagement.