Facilities & Campus Services

Service & Space Requests
Service & Space Requests

Tell us how we can help.

Facilities & Campus Services provides a wide range of services to the campus community, from general construction and maintenance assistance to specialized permitting.

This page contains a comprehensive list of the FCS services you can request on-line. If you don't see what you're looking for here, or need help filling out one of our on-line forms, please call the FCS Solutions Center at 545-6401.

Please provide complete and accurate information in order that we can serve you better. Once you submit a service request, you should be contacted within 24-48 hours to confirm the information. Click the corresponding letter icon to make a request or access a service. The link or form will open in a new window or tab, and may require the use of your Spire/HR Direct username and password.


General (Non-emergency) Work Request General (Non-emergency) Service Request
You should use the service request form if you're looking for a service provided by Facilities & Campus Services (building or grounds maintenance, alterations, or custodial work). After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email and periodic emails to update you on the status of your request.

NOTE: If you're having an emergency (lock-out, trapped in an elevator, water leak, etc.), please call the FCS Solutions Center at 545-6401. Do not use this form!

For emergencies involving fire, fire potential, loss of life, bodily injury, life-threatening or criminal activity, chemicals or other environmental hazards, call 911 if using a campus phone. If using a cell or off-campus phone, direct dial 413-545-3111.

Dig Safe Request Dig Safe Request
Any time ground is to be broken on campus, a Dig Safe permit is required. This runs the gamut from major construction to simply putting up tents and signs, and is mandated by Massachusetts law in order to ensure the protection of underground utilities like electric and fiber-optic conduit, telecom & television lines, water, and steam and sewer lines. Dig Safe Training and Certification (for employee and non-employee excavators).
Indoor Event Support Request Indoor Event Support Request
Use this form to request FCS support for any indoor event, including custodial and moving services. A current event service fee schedule is available here.
Key Request Key Request
Key requests for individual faculty, staff, and students are requested electronically by use of this form. All key requests must be processed and approved at least two weeks prior to the desired issue date. PLEASE NOTE: a notification will be sent to the requester when keys are ready for pick-up.
Meet & Greet Service Request Meet & Greet Service Request
The Meet and Greet Service provides ground transportation to and from the Amherst campus. Submit a request through Transit Services.
Moving Services Moving Services
UMass Amherst has its own on-campus moving crew that provides moving services to all campus departments.
Outdoor Event (Land Use) Request Outdoor Event (Land Use) Request
Use this form to request FCS support for any outdoor event, including custodial and moving services. See our Outdoor Event/Land Use Planning brochure for guidance.
Pothole Notification Pothole Notification
Let us know if you run into (or over) any substantial potholes on our campus roads.
Space Request Space Request
Space & Asset Management keeps accurate floor plans of over ten million square feet of campus space and the accounting of each room's use. Submit this space request form if you need more or different space, or if you need help estimating your space needs.
Surplus Equipment Disposal Request Surplus Equipment Disposal Request
Use this form to request removal and/or disposal of lab or office equipment or furniture.
Vehicle Access Request Vehicle Access Request
Request access for a vehicle to restricted areas including pedestrian-only zones on the UMass Amherst campus.  A map of the current (as of January 1, 2017) center-campus Pedestrian-only Zone is available here.
Vehicle Rental Services Vehicle Rental Services
The UMass Amherst vehicle rental services contract provides excellent prices and an on-line reservation link for faculty, staff and students. Check rates and make a reservation through Transit Services.