UMASS AMHERST facilities & campus services
Be our friend on facebookFollow us on twitter

we stand for


staff directories


about F&CS administrative services

F&CS Administrative Services provides a broad range of centralized administrative functions for Campus Planning, Design & Construction Management, Physical Plant, and Transportation Services. Broadly categorized, these functions include:

accounting and reconciliation
capital, operating and utilities budgeting
procurement and contracts
human resources
work management/customer service
document archives and printing

accounting and reconciliation

A&R is responsible for a variety of accounting and business functions supporting F&CS operations including the processing of all F&CS invoices, monitoring outstanding invoices and purchase order balances, billing for F&CS services rendered to the campus community, and departmental recharges.  A&R also manages the pre-travel authorization and travel reimbursement process, Procard records, campus/cell phone plans, and other general accounting and reconciliation procedures.

If you have a question about a recharge, have a general F&CS accounting question, or don't know who you need to speak with in the accounting and reconciliation group, you want to contact Angela Kapinos at (413) 545-6563 or Angela Kapinos, Accountant Manager
If you have a question about a bill/invoice you've sent to Physical Plant or Parking Services, you want to contact Tami Patenaude at (413) 545-2955 or Tami Patenaude, Clerk
If you have a question about a bill/invoice you've sent to Design & Construction Management, Alterations or Transportation Services, you want to contact Brittany McLellan at (413) 577-1739 or Brittany McLellan, Clerical Assistant
If you have a question about a bill/invoice you've received from Physical Plant, you want to contact Jean Laczynski at (413) 545-6466 or Jean Laczynski, Clerical Assistant
If you have a question about a bill/invoice you've received from Design & Construction Management or Alterations, or about a F&CS-issued telephone or Pro-card, you want to contact Suzanne Hatch at (413) 545-6513 or Suzanne Hatch, Recharge Specialist
If you have a question about a business expense or reimbursement (travel, meals, convention registrations, etc.), you want to contact Shirley Ortiz at (413) 577-1733 or Shirley Ortiz, Project Specialist

^Back to the top

capital, operating and utilities budgeting

The capital group is responsible for a variety of budgeting functions in support of F&CS operations including managing the allocation of approved capital plan project funding from a variety of sources (campus, debt, departmental, gifts, grants, and state), and monitoring the operating budgets for F&CS departments, revenue trust fund operations, and utilities commodities.

If you have a question about operational or capital plan budgets, or utility commodity data, you want to contact Karin Sadler at (413) 545-6408 or

Karin Sadler, Financial Reporting Specialist

^Back to the top

procurement and contracts

P&C is responsible for procurement and contracting activities within F&CS, including requests for bids and proposals.  They're also responsible for the procurement and management of materials inventory.

If you have a question about procurement, purchasing or contracts, you want to contact Lynn Omasta at (413) 545-4967 or Lynn Omasta, Contract / Purchasing Manager

^Back to the top

human resources

HR is responsible for a variety of human resource and personnel functions including staff and student searches, time & attendance, Family Medical Leave Act processing, industrial accidents reporting, staff training, time & attendance processing, and all F&CS personnel action forms.

If you have a question about F&CS Human Resources, you want to contact Shara Denson at (413) 545-6455 or

Shara Denson, F&CS Human Resources Manager

^Back to the top

work management/customer service

WM/CS is responsible for the process by which the campus community requests facilities-related work and the systems used to track work orders, ensuring that work flows efficiently through F&CS from intake to completion.  Work Management includes the Service Desk and Customer Service Representatives.

The Service Desk, located on the second floor of the Physical Plant Building, triages all work requests.  The Service Desk is staffed Monday through Friday from 7am to 11pm, and can dispatch personnel to handle facilities related emergencies and also enter non-emergency planned work into our operations & maintenance system for review and assignment.  The Service Desk telephone line and voicemail system is also monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by on-campus personnel who respond to facilities emergencies at all times

Customer Service Representatives identify, assist in planning, and schedule planned work.  They also act as a point of contact for the campus community to check the status of work requests and address facilities-related questions and concerns.

If you have a general question about Customer Service or Work Management, or a question about the F&CS Service Desk, you want to contact Jim Antonovitch at (413) 545-9627 or

Jim Antonovitch, Manager, work Management
If you have a question about Customer Service, a Work Request, a Work Order, or don't know which Customer Service Representative is assigned to your department, you want to contact Melissa Bergeron at (413) 545-6443 or Melissa Bergeron, Work Management Coordinator

If you have a service question related to one of the areas/departments listed below, you want to contact Sonya Fernandes at (413) 577-0412 or

Sonya's Customer Service Areas (click to open/close)

Academic Custodial
Administrative Services
Afro-American Studies
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Career Services
Center for Multicultural Advancement and Student Success (CMASS)
Center for Women and Community (CWC)
Central Heating Plant
Chemical Engineering
Chilled Water Compound
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Coal Handling Facility
College of Education
College of Engineering
College of Natural Sciences
Communication Disorders
Community Health Education
Computer Engineering
Computer Sciences
Controller's Office
Customer Service Desk
Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR)
Distribution Services
Educational Policy Research & Administration
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical Distribution
Environmental Conservation
Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Institute
Facilities & Campus Services
Fine Arts Center
Food Science
Grounds (Physical Plant)
Human Factors Performance Lab
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Mental Health
Mullins Center and Ice Rink
Office of Information Technologies
Opporations & Utilities
Polymer Science
Public Health and Health Sciences (UHS)
Recycling Center
Research & Extension Center for Agriculture
Research Compliance
Scientific Reasoning Research Institute
Soil and Plant Testing Tissue Lab
Solar Habitat
Stockbridge School of Agriculture
Student Affairs & Campus Life
Student Development
Switch Gear Building
Teacher Education & Curriculum Studies
Textbook Annex
UMass Press
Waste Water Treatment

Sonya Fernandes, Customer service Representative

If you have a service question related to one of the areas/departments listed below, you want to contact Ron Husted at (413) 545-6465 or

Ron's Customer Service Areas (click to open/close)

Administration & Finance
Auxiliary Services
Branding and Creative Communications
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Budget Office
Bursar's office
Center for Early Education and cars
Center for Public Policy and Administration (CPPA)
Chancellor's House
College of Education
College of Natural Sciences
Computer Science
Conference Services
Continuing & Professional Education
Development Office
Disability Services
Environmental Conservation
Environmental Health & Safety
Family Business Center
Finance and Operations Management
Financial Aid
Fine Arts Center
Five College Astronomy
Gas Pump, Fleet Services
Graduate Employee Organization
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Humanities and Fine Arts
Institutional Research
Isenberg School of Management
Labor Relations
Landscape Architecture & Regional Planning
Language, Literatures and Cultures
Lincoln Campus Center
Marching Band
Mass Review
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC)
Music and Dance
Operations and Utilities
Parking Garage
Parking Services
Police Department
Political Economy Research Institute (PERI)
Political Science and Legal Studies
Research & Extension Center for Agriculture
Residential Facilities
Residential Life
Science, Technology and Society Initiative (STS)
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Social Thought and Political Economy Center (STPEC)
Stockbridge School for Agriculture
Student Activities & Involvement
Student Affairs & Campus Life
Student Development
Sports Management
Transportation Services
UCard Office
Undergraduate Admissions Center
University Club
University Without Walls
Veterinary & Animal Science

Ron Husted, Customer Services Representative

^Back to the top

document archives and printing

Pat archives all documents for construction projects done on campus. She also provides copies of prints for staff, consultants and contractors. The Archive contains official construction records for UMass Amherst buildings going back to the early 1900's.

If you're looking for, or have a question about, construction documents, you want to contact Pat Parenteau at (413) 545-6495 or Pat Parenteau, Construction Archives & Records Manager

^Back to the top


Jim Hunt is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing the communications efforts of each of the F&CS divisions. He performs executive management of all F&CS electronic media including promotional and information email distributions, web sites, social media and news feeds. Jim acts as liaison for campus news outlets, departments, clubs, organizations, industry groups, and he works with the UMass Office of News & Media Relations, University Relations, and other UMass communications entities, to provide information and resources to news media and state agencies regarding Facilities issues.

If you have a question or comment about this web site, or about Facilities & Campus Services in general, you want to contact Jim Hunt at (413) 320-2518 or Jim Hunt, F&CS Communications Manager

^Back to the top

UMass Amherst