(partial list only)
- The Art of Recruiting Students for Your Elementary Band Program. Wyoming Music Educators Conference, Casper, Wyoming, January, 1986.
- The Role of the Jazz Educator in the Public Schools. New Mexico Music Educators Association Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, January, 1989.
- How to Rehearse the Rhythm Section in Your School Jazz
Ensemble. Arizona Music Educators Association Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, January, 1989.
- Music Education in the 21st Century. Career Opportunities Conference, Grambling State University, Grambling, Louisiana, October, 1989.
- Jazz Ensemble Rehearsal Techniques. Western New Mexico University, Silver City, New Mexico, February 1989.
- Key Ingredients for a Better Sounding Saxophone Section in Your Jazz Ensemble. Garden City Community College, Garden City, Kansas, March 1989.
- Creativity Via the Jazz Idiom. Colorado Music Educators Conference, Colorado Springs, Colorado, January, 1990.
- Recruitment, Retention, and Basic Organization of the School Music Program. Workshop sponsored by Yamaha Musical Instruments, Santa Fe, NM, 1990.
- The Meaning of the Blues, February; The Early Years of Jazz,
May; and The Bebop Revolution, November, all in 1991 at the
University of Denver.
- African American Undergraduates at Majority Institutions; and
The Business of Music: You Can Be Successful. University of
Maryland, College Park, MD, May, 1991.
- Early Jazz in New Orleans. University of Colorado Lectures at Seven Series , Fall, 1991.
- Black Musicians in Jazz History. Colorado State University,
- The Value and Importance of Multicultural Experiences for All - But How? Colorado Music Educators Association Conference, Colorado Springs, CO, 1992.
- Jazz Improvisation in the Public Schools. Colorado Bandmasters
Association Summer Convention, 1992.
- Jazz! From Armstrong to Coltrane. The 1992 Chautauqua Forum
Series, Boulder, CO.
- Blues - the Backbone of Jazz, The Early Years of Jazz, and The Bebop Revolution. (Three separate presentations), University of Denver, 1992.
- Creativity Through Jazz. 90 Minutes Series, University of
Colorado, Boulder, 1992.
- Jazz Fusion. Colorado Mountain College, Lecture/Demonstration,
Leadville, CO, 1992.
- Teaching Jazz Improvisation I & II. Wyoming Music Educators
1992 All-State Clinic and Conference, Rawlins, Wyoming, 1992.
- The Contributions of Black Musicians Throughout Jazz History.
Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO, 1992.
- The Various Eras of Jazz. The 1992 Leadville Music Festival,
Leadville, CO, 1992.
- Jazz Musicians from the Southwest. Oklahoma Arts Institute,
Lone Wolf, OK, 1992.
- The Role of the Jazz Musician in the Arts. The ASSEMBLY of Community Arts Councils of Oklahoma, Quartz Mountain, OK, 1992.
- Funk, Jive and the Blues. High Plains Regional Library Service
Conference, Keynote Speaker, Estes Park, CO, 1992.
- Sight-Reading Jazz Ensemble Charts. Colorado Bandmasters Association Summer Convention, 1993.
- Jazz: the Hardbop Era & Beyond. The 1993 Chautauqua Summer
Forum Series, Boulder, CO, 1993.
- Blues: What is It?, The Ins & Outs of Jazz, and The Bebop
Revolution. (Three separate presentations)University of Denver,
- The Various Eras of Jazz. Longmont Senior Citizens, Longmont, CO, 1993.
- The Contributions of African Americans in This Country. DPS
Career Education Center,Human Relations Workshop, 1993.
- The Contributions of African Americans in This Country. Morey Middle School,Human Relations Workshop, Denver, CO, 1993.
- Why the Arts? Television Program, Mosaic, Channel 4, 1993.
- The Importance of Arts Education in the Schools. Testimony: Governor Roy Romers Colorado Standards & Assessment Council, Denver, CO, 1993.
- A Tribute to Duke Ellington: The Man & His Music. The 1994 Chautauqua Summer Forum Series, Boulder, CO,1994.
- The Bebop Revolution and The Blues: Where Did it Come From?
(two separate presentations)University of Denver, 1994.
- Jazz & the African American Connection. University of Colorado, Black Awareness Month, 1994.
- Jazz in the Mid-1950s: Hardbop and Cool. Longmont Senior
Citizens, Longmont, CO, 1994.
- The Jazz Performer: Then & Now. The Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute, Lone Wolf, OK, 1994.
- Survival Skills for the Aspiring Artist. Wyoming Arts Council, Jackson Hole, WY, 1994.
- The Value of Arts Education for Every Child. Arts & Humanities Assembly of Boulder, 1994.
- Teaching Jazz Improvisation to High School Students. Workshop for El Paso, TX Band Directors,Hanks High School Jazz Festival, 1994.
- Jazz Unplugged and Beyond: from Scott Joplin to Fats Waller. The 1995 Chautauqua Summer Forum Series, Boulder, CO, 1995.
- The Hardbop Years. University of Denver, Denver, CO, 1995.
- Rehearsal Techniques for the Novice Band Director. Workshop fo
El Paso, TX Band Directors, Hanks High School Jazz Festival,
- What to Look for During a Jazz Performance. National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts, Board Retreat, Aspen, CO, 1995.
- Minority Access to Music Study: What Works and Why. National
Association of Schools of Music, Conference, Chicago, IL, 1995.
- Self Expression and Group Interaction - the Essential Balance.
Jazz Australia, Keynote Address, Perth, Western Australia, 1995.
- The Creative Process in the Classroom. Teacher In-Services, School of Instrumental Music, Perth, Western Australia, 1995.
- Working with the High School Jazz Band. Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia, 1995.
- Jazz: the Freedom Trail of Rhythm. Black American West Museum & Heritage Center, Inc., (CO), 1996.
- The African & Latin Roots of Jazz. The 1996 Chautauqua Summer Forum Series, Boulder, CO, 1996.
- Jazz: The American Way. Jazz Informance, Luhe-Wildenau, Germany, 1996.
- Performance in the Context of the National Standards for Music Education. The 1997 Northwestern Universitys Music Education Leadership Seminar, Evanston, IL.
- How the Jazz Educator Can Use the Internet As a Means to Reach & Expand the Global Jazz Audience. The Knitting Factory, New York, NY 1997
- Jazz in the Media: Possibilities and Pitfalls. Billboard Magazine/BET Jazz Issues Forum, Washington, D.C 1997
- Jazz: the Hardbop Way. Longmont Senior Citizen Center, Longmont, CO, 1997
- How to Incorporate Multimedia Materials in the Classroom Utilizing Enhanced Jazz CDs. MidWest Band & Orchestra Clinic, Chicago, IL 1997
- Jazz During the 20th Century. Duke Ellington School of the Arts, Washington, D.C., 1997
- The Use of Multimedia Materials in the Classroom. MENC Conference, Phoenix, AZ, 1998
- A Centennial Retrospective. Chautauqua Summer Forum Series, Boulder, CO, 1998 (conductor/presenter)
- The Bebop Era. Music Center of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1998
- Jazz: The Making of a True American Art Form. Longmont Senior Citizen Center, Longmont, CO, 1998
- The Use of Multimedia Materials in a Multicultural Environment. National Symposium on Multicultural Music, Knoxville, TN, 1998
- Jazz Education in the Classroom. Residency, Ohio University, 1999
- Approaching the Standards: Teaching Jazz Improvisation to Middle & High School Students. New York State Music Educators Conference, Rochester, NY, 1999
- Legends of the Big Band Era. Chautauqua Summer Forum Series, Boulder, CO 1999
- The Arts & Academics Meet At Center Stage. Workshop for North Forest School District Teachers, Houston, TX, 2000
- Why Jazz Education? Workshop for teachers & school board members, Vancouver Island, Vancouver, BC, 2000
- Vision 2020: What Are the Ramifications? MENC Conference, Washington, DC, 2000
Connecting Art and Academics. Keynote Address, Arts Community Conference, Northampton, MA, 2000