Five College Student Leaders in Sexual Violence Prevention Training
We invite emerging and current student leaders in the sexual violence prevention movement to join us to learn about trauma-informed education, effective approaches to end violence, and best practices in prevention. This training will provide participants with the opportunity to apply their learning by developing intentional, coordinated programs for sexual assault prevention. Student leaders who complete the training series will receive a certificate of completion, a shirt, and an invitation to participate in Sexual Assault Awareness Month events.
DATE: Saturday Feb 28, 2015 & Sunday, March 1st, 2015 10:00am-4:00PM (Lunch will be provided)
LOCATION: Reading Room: 2nd Floor New Africa House, 180 Infirmary Way, Amherst MA, UMass
Who should attend? Student leaders who:
● belong to organizations that address sexual violence such as CERC, CEPA, VOX SASA, etc from any of the 5-colleges.
● organize events, campaigns, activities and/or address policy and cultural change related to sexual and relationship violence.
● have a basic understanding of rape, interpersonal violence, stalking, and related topics.
Training Topics will Include:
Values, Support & Resources
○ Supporting Survivors of Sexual & Relationship Violence
○ Understanding Confidential vs Private Resources
○ Applying Principles of Trauma-Informed Education & Outreach
○ Preventing Re-victimization, Victim Blaming, & Slut Shaming
○ Balancing Getting Attention and Provocative Prevention
Creating Change through Sexual Violence Prevention & Education
○ Developing goals, values, and reaching intended outcomes
○ Understanding multi-faceted approaches to violence prevention
○ Making an impact across levels of change
○ Considering the effectiveness and implications of prevention strategies
○ Participate in the development of sexual assault prevention month events and campaigns
For questions or if you are not sure if you are eligible for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-545-0883 and ask for community education services.
**This is not a training on sexual and relationship violence. If you are interested in learning more about sexual violence, prevention and resources, please contact us for a list of our upcoming workshops.
Sponsored by: Center for Women & Community: UMass Amherst, Amherst College, & Hampshire College
We will begin reviewing applications early February and will notify accepted participants mid-February. We are only able to invite a limited number of participants for this training so please provide thoughtful and complete responses to all questions.
TO APPLY: Download and email completed application to email@example.com Priority Deadline: 2/6/15 by 5:00pm