The Center for Women and Community Counseling Services program provides an important alternative to women seeking counseling services. Many women don't define issues they are dealing with as mental health issues and seek counseling from a perspective that recognizes the particular stresses they experience as women while building on their strengths.
Our free services are available to five college and community women from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Our goal is to continue building a staff that is fully representative of the communities we serve.
We offer free short-term individual counseling - please call us to schedule an appointment. We will match you with one of our counselors, based on your individual needs. If a service different from ours is needed, we will assist you with a referral.
When appropriate, we make referrals to community agencies and therapists in private practice. Feel free to contact us for referrals.
The Center for Women and Community Counseling Services Program functions as a professional training practicum site for graduate students in counseling and clinical social work programs. It is an approved professional internship site for Antioch New England School of Counseling Psychology and Smith College School for Social Work. Contact Susan Mahler at 545-0883 for more information.
Every semester we offer new groups. They may include:
- Do You Walk Alone? Living With Bipolar
- Mindfulness and Mood: Empowerment Skills for Women
- Managing Anxiety
- (W)rites of Passage: A Support Group for Women in the Process of Writing a Thesis/Dissertation
- Creating Self-Esteem: Self-Discovery Through the Creative Arts
- Support Group for Latinas
- Lesbian Connection: Pathways to Healthy Relationships
- Perfect Daughters: A Support Group for Adult Daughters
If you have a particular group you are interested in, let us know.