#UMassWinter18 Instagram Photo Contest Submissions Open -EXTENDED!
February 8—February 18, 2018
Entry deadline has been extended through FEBRUARY 18 because the forecast is for to snow this weekend and the potential for beautiful scenes of the campus in fresh snow. So get out and share your photo skills!
You've waited all year for this. It's time for the annual UMass Amherst Winter Photo Contest.
Submit your best photos of UMass Amherst in winter to Instagram with the hashtag #UMassWinter18. Three winners and up to five honorable mention photos will be selected. The three winners will each receive Amazon gift cards.
How to enter, how to win, how not to be disqualified:
1. Take your best shots of the UMass Amherst campus in fall. Photos must be taken on the UMass Amherst campus, or close to campus with the campus visible, and taken between November 15, 2017 and February 18, 2018. Photos deemed to be taken outside of this time and not depicting the UMass Amherst campus will be disqualified.
2. Photos will be judged by multiple criteria, including: 1) Photographic and artistic quality. Note that excessive and obvious use of filters rarely results in a better photo. 2) Integration of the campus into the photo. The judges are looking photos that are obviously taken on campus. 3) Unique point of view. We all know how beautiful the view of the campus can be from the 23rd floor of the Du Bois Library. Think of shooting something different.
3. Post your photos to Instagram using #UMassWinter18 . Submissions are only through Instagram..
4. Photos must be your own work or accurately credited with the name of the photographer if it's not you. Prizes will be awarded to the photographer, not to the submitter. Photos that are judged to not be your own work or property credited as someone else's work will be disqualified from the contest.
5. For best results, use filters thoughtfully, if at all.
6. Photos posted to Instagram with #UMassWinter18 may be used by UMass Amherst in print or online publications in perpetuity. When feasible, credit will be given to the photographer, but this is not always possible.
7. The contest is open to all.
8. Submit as many photos as you want.
9. To make it easy for us to give credit where credit is due, if possible please include your full name in your Instagram post.
10. Three winners will each receive $30 Amazon gift cards. A photographer may have multiple photos selected as finalists but each photographer can only win one prize. Contest winners will be announced on Friday, February 23, 2018.
The winners and finalists will be included in a photo gallery to be posted on official UMass Amherst social media.
While the contest is running, selected photo entries may also be shared by UMass Amherst on official campus UMass social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat.
Need some inspiration? Check out all the finalists from last year's #UMassWinterPhoto17 contest at http://bit.ly/2EaBt48 .