UMass Innovation Challenge Finalist Presentations and Awards Dinner
April 7, 2014
5:00 pm-7:15 pm
Commonwealth Honors College Building
Room: Events Hall
Join us to celebrate the culmination of an outstanding ninth year of the UMass Innovation Challenge! Hear our final five teams pitch their business plans. Over $50,000+ in privately funded awards will be announced!
5:00 - 6:00 PM - Networking and a dinner of hearty hor d'oeuvres
6:00 - 7:15 PM - Finalist presentations and dessert
7:15 PM - Announcement of awards
Here are the final five teams -
- Acne Free Naturally, which offers an easy-to-use product that naturally eliminates acne-causing bacteria from the skin without harmful side effects;
- FiberEssence, which provides all-natural, antibacterial, wound healing bandages based on cinnamon;
- mDiagnostics, which offers a reliable, portable, single-use, low cost, hepatitis C screening device;
- nineBrain, provides the first socially-enabled professional network for academic inventors to create up-to-date, online technology resumes for empowering tech-transfer;
- Rescue Collar, which offers a wearable device that reunites lost pets with their owners through community and technology at the push of a button.
The UMass co-sponsors of the Innovation Challenge are the College of Engineering, the College of Natural Sciences, the Isenberg School of Management, and the UMass Innovation Institute.
Innovation Challenge prizes are supported entirely with private funds from the following generous sponsors: Wolf Greenfield; Saint Gobain; Glass Family Endowment for Entrepreneurial Studies; Steve Luby ’84 ‘86MS; William Firestone ’78; Cantor Colburn LLP; CISCO; Raytheon; Saul Ewing; an anonymous faculty donor; Stephen Dunne ‘89; Eric ‘04 and Candy Janszen; Provenance Venture Partners; and Karen Lauter Utgoff Consulting. Visionary support from Eugene M. and Ronnie Isenberg is gratefully acknowledged.