Special Study Tour to Istanbul, Turkey - ALL BOOKED
May 30—June 10, 2014
This event is now completely booked.
Join us from May 30 – June 10 on this one-of-a-kind learning tour with Professor Walter Denny as we experience three great cities of the ancient Ottoman Empire.
We will visit the storied metropolis of Istanbul, capital of the mighty Ottoman Empire between 1453 and 1923, and—as Constantinople—capital of the Eastern Roman Empire for over 1000 years; the beautiful mountainside city of Bursa in Asia; and Edirne, situated at the confluence of two rivers where the borders of Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey meet in Europe.
Professor Denny will share his vast knowledge of these sites, including a number of little-known but fascinating spots that tourists seldom see.
This tour features:
- Hotel accommodations (four-star in Istanbul, five-star in Bursa)
- Bus transportation airport group transfers
- Excursion on the Bosphorus in a private motorboat
- High-speed ferry from Istanbul to Bursa and back
- Meals as shown in itinerary: all breakfasts; eight lunches; two dinners
- Wine at welcome and farewell dinners
- Bottled water at all meals
- Entrance fees to museums indicated in itinerary
- Compulsory Travel Insurance as required by the Ministry of Tourism
- Porterage at airports and hotels
- Taxes and tips at restaurants and hotels
- Services of an English-speaking licensed guide throughout