The presentation will feature Whitney Post, a former Olympic rower and co-founder of Eating for Life Alliance, Dr. Kate Ackerman, co-director of the Female Athlete Program at Boston Children’s Hospital and a panel of dietitians from UMass, Walden, and Baystate Medical Center. They will speak on issues related to eating disorders: classification, symptomology, triggers, treatment options, impact on students, families and student athletes and recovery.
Who should attend?
- Nutrition, health, wellness and psychology students at the Five Colleges
- Student athletes at the Five Colleges
- Counseling, health services, wellness, athletics, student affairs and residence life staff and faculty of the Five Colleges
1. Identify signs, symptoms and triggers of eating disorders in diverse groups of athletes
2. Address the emotional and physical health concerns of athletes struggling with eating disorders
3. Understand the medical consequences of and treatment options for eating disorders in young adult athletes
4. Recognize the different dietary treatments in inpatient, outpatient, and family-based interdisciplinary therapies