Boston Alumni Panel for Students Interested in the Finance Industry
January 6, 2014
Calling all talented UMass students interested in learning about launching a career in finance: whatever your major (Economics, Math, Engineering, Physics, Business, Liberal Arts, or anything else) — make use of your winter break to advance your career!
Participate in an active discussion with Jean-Marc Berteaux ‘86, Partner and SVP, Portfolio Manager, International Equities at Wellington Management Company LLP, and other alumni panelists who have succeeded in the finance industry. The alumni panel will be comprised of professionals in a variety of experience levels (junior-level to executives) and functions within finance, including portfolio management (stocks & bonds), equity research, private equity and entrepreneurship. Gain an understanding of various career paths within the industry and the skills and knowledge required to succeed in them.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to start building your professional network as you interact with alumni and fellow students who will be future finance leaders.
- Jean-Marc Berteaux '86, Partner, SVP and Portfolio Manager of International Equities at Wellington Management (Asset Management, Equity Research, Global Equities)
- Kathleen Gaffney '83, CFA - VP, Portfolio Manager and Co-Director of Investment Grade Fixed Income at Eaton Vance (Asset Management, Fixed Income Research)
- Konstantin Danilov '05, CFA - Founder of the UMass Amherst Finance Alumni Network, master's student at MIT Sloan and HEC Paris, previously Investment Analyst at MFC Global Investment Management (Investment Management, Pensions, Alternative Assets, Strategy Consulting)
- Jeff Caron '06 - Analyst at Pingup (venture-backed mobile application startup), formerly High Yield Analyst at Fidelity Investments (Corporate Finance, Venture Capital, Investment Management, Fixed Income Research)
- David Kozhuk '08 - Founder, uConnect (startup higher education career services platform), founding team & analyst at Arctaris Capital Partners(Entrepreneurship, Private Equity, Venture Capital).
- Nathan Chesley '05 - Investment Analyst at MIT Investment Management Company and VP of UMass Amherst Finance Alumni Network (Endowment Investing, Pension Fund Investing, Asset Manager and Fund Research Analysis)