The following procedures are in effect to provide internal dissemination of the University of Massachusetts Amherst Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Policy:
The University of Massachusetts Amherst disseminates its policy externally through the following procedures:
- Recruitment sources are informed of the University's policy as requests are made to refer qualified women and minorities to the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- An equal employment opportunity clause is incorporated in all purchase orders, leases, contracts and subcontracts. It appears on all communications external to the University.
- All recruitment advertisements placed in outside publications (e.g. newspapers, journals, magazines or newsletters) carry a standard University of Massachusetts Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity statement, thus publicly disseminating our policy to a vast audience.
- The Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Policy is included on the notice of Employment Opportunities, which is sent by the Employment Office on a weekly basis to minority and women's organizations, community agencies, agencies that serve veterans and the disabled, and other agencies concerned with employment opportunities.
- Through requesting voluntary self-identification of protected group status as part of the employee application process, the University of Massachusetts Amherst, communicates the existence of its Affirmative Action Program.
Return to EO&D Home Page
| This is an official page of the University
of Massachusetts Amherst Campus.
Copyright © 2015 Equal Opportunity & Diversity Office email@example.com