As a student of English, you're developing highly valued skills in verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to think both creatively and analytically. There are many ways for you to apply these skills and pursue interests outside of the classroom, while getting to know other students, faculty, and staff in the English Department.
- Join the editorial staff or submit writing to Jabberwocky, the student-run literary journal.
- Pursue opportunities to study abroad through one of our popular programs, such as the Oxford Summer Seminar or Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Become a tutor in the Writing Center and get to know graduate and undergraduate students from all over campus.
- Join the English Society or become a member of the Student Advisory Board.
- Pursue one or more of the English Department's specializations, and get to know other students and faculty with similar interests.
- Attend readings of poetry and fiction by students, faculty, and visiting writers.
- Apply to be a Digital Communications Intern for the English Department.