If you see a person acting suspiciously, someone violently threatening/injuring someone or a person with a weapon…
- Do not physically confront the person and do not block the person’s access to an exit.
- Do not let anyone into a locked building/office.
- Keep away from the area and alert others to the danger.
- Call the UMPD at 413-545-2121. Provide as much information as possible about the person and his or her direction of travel.
- Follow instructions of emergency personnel.
- If told to seek safe shelter, get inside immediately and lock doors.