- Educator Licensure
- Faculty & Staff
- Alumni News
- News, Events, Publications
The School of Education provides strong academic programs in a veteran - friendly environment. We believe that the unique experiences and skillsets that veterans have gained positions them for success as educators.
To support student veterans, UMass Amherst and the School of Education offer:
- A Veteran Services Office with staff dedicated to helping veterans succeed in reaching their education goals
- Separate veterans orientation and “How to Succeed at UMass Amherst” seminar
- Veteran-friendly transfer credit policies and assistance filing for GI Bill benefits
- A quiet study space for School of Education student veterans
- Accelerated programs that allow students to gain classroom teaching experience, earn a Master’s degree, and prepare for the teacher licensure exam in as little as one year
- Traditional academic programs that prepare students for careers as teachers, administrators, counselors, school psychologists, speech language pathologists and other kinds of leadership positions.
If you would like to talk about a career in education and how the School of Education will work with you, please contact Linda Griffin.