- Educator Licensure
- Faculty & Staff
- Alumni News
- News, Events, Publications
School of Education Office of Research and Engagement
Welcome to the Office of Research and Engagement (ORE) in the School of Education (SOE) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. In addition to preparing future educators, SOE is a highly productive and engaged academic unit that provides leadership for and contributes to the University’s research and outreach mission as a flagship, land-grant institution. Over the past three years, SOE has been awarded over 60 externally-sponsored grants and contracts worth nearly $30 million.
ORE is proud to support the significant work of faculty colleagues throughout SOE. In doing so, ORE is responsible for supporting the strength, rigor and productivity of the School’s sponsored research activity and engagement with strategic external partners and stakeholders. More specifically, ORE works with the faculty and administration to:
- Promote and facilitate collaborative research activity and productivity across SOE
- Develop and monitor implementation of research policies in SOE
- Provide resources and support for sponsored research and grant activity
- Facilitate faculty development, particularly new faculty development, with respect to research
- Facilitate publicity for research accomplishments in coordination with SOE communications and marketing
- Serve as the School of Education’s liaison with the Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement’s Office
- Facilitate and coordinate the engagement of SOE with key stakeholders, partners and donors in order to promote the School’s research mission.