UMass Amherst is ranked as a “Top Producing Institution” for Fulbright Scholars for 2017-18 with seven faculty members teaching or conducting research on four continents through the Fulbright program; including Arslan Razmi, professor of economics, who is being hosted at the University of Montenegro.
The rankings were published Feb. 18 in the Chronicle of Higher Education.The UMass Amherst Fulbright Scholars and their overseas host institutions are:
- David Cort, sociology, Walter Sisulu University, South Africa
- Eva Hudlicka, computer science, University of Alberta, Canada
- Miliann Kang, women, gender, sexuality studies, Ewha Women’s University, South Korea
- Neal Katz, astronomy, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Richard Peltier, environmental health sciences, University of York, United Kingdom
- Arslan Razmi, economics, University of Montenegro
- Millicent Thayer, sociology, Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
Learn more about the Fulbright Program and other scholars from the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS).