How to Register
Please complete the online intake form and submit your diagnostic documentation. A representative from Disability Services will contact you via your UMass email to inform you of your status and how to set up an appointment with your Consumer Manager.
- Students who have self-disclosed a disability, registered with Disability Services and have provided the appropriate documentation, must meet with a Consumer Manager in order to receive accommodations and be referred for other services to which they may be entitled.
- Accommodations are made on a case by case basis and in keeping with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Consumer Managers are available to meet with prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, faculty and staff.
- Students who have a disability but do not anticipate a need for accommodations or services while at the University are also encouraged to register. Disability-related documentation is kept strictly confidential, and students can present documentation without requesting services or accommodations. Should an unanticipated need for services or accommodations arise, Disability Services can begin to assist the student without delay if their disability-related documentation is already on file.
- Diagnostic documentation should be uploaded to Box and shared with the firstname.lastname@example.org email. This is the most secure way to provide your documentation.
- For more information on documentation guidelines.