In response to the need for social distancing, Disability Services staff will be operating remotely. The university is taking necessary precautions to keep the campus community safe at this time.
To schedule an appointment, please call the main number at 413-545-0892, select 5 and leave your name, phone number, student ID and the person you are seeking to make an appointment with. You may also consult the staff page and email the staff member directly. They can address any questions you may have and/or schedule a time for you to meet via phone or Zoom conference. Zoom is an accessible video conferencing tool available at https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/.
When you have a scheduled appointment, the staff will call you at the phone number provided.
Disability Services has several locations on campus. We are open year-round, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments can be made by calling the main office (Phone 413/545-0892 V/TTY). Persons in need of Interpreting, Captioning or Audio Descriptions are advised to email a request for these services to Jamison Burnside at firstname.lastname@example.org (as soon as possible and at least two weeks in advance of appointments or visits to the campus).
- 161 Whitmore is our main office, housing our Consumer Managers, MAICEI, Clerk, Intake and Associate Director of Operations staff.
- 233 Whitmore is our administrative office, housing our Interim Director, Assistant Director of Academic Access, Assistant Director of Information Access and Classroom Access/Note Taking Coordinator staff.
- 169A Whitmore is our main exam proctoring center housing the Exam Proctoring Coordinator.
- 108 Bartlett is our satellite office housing our Learning Specialist, Document Conversion Coordinator and Assistant Director of Communication Access staff.
- 107 & 219 Bartlett are additional exam proctoring locations.