Dietetic Internship - Application Deadline: Postmark February 15, 2013
- Small class size provides individual attention
- Wide variety of affiliated rotation sites, many within a 60-mile (most within a 30-mile) radius of Amherst, Massachusetts. Intern preferences used to select sites.
- 10 1/2 -month program, mid-August–end of June
- 24–40 hours per week
- Culturally and intellectually vibrant, yet rural, picturesque, location
- Top-notch, dedicated, and caring preceptors
- Seminars approximately 3 times per month on Fridays
Special Features of the University of Massachusetts Dietetic Internship
- Interns are required to submit abstracts for poster presentations at State and National Meetings.
- Preclinical intensive program (2-weeks) to help interns prepare for their clinical rotations.
- Research experience provided and encouraged during rotations
- 2-week Plan-Your-Own rotation for experience in an area of personal interest
- Group budget project that culminates in a presentation to Hospital Food Service Directors
- Interesting seminar presenters on a variety of topics
- Interns transported to the Boston area 2-3X/year for Joint Internship Class days (on Mondays)
For more information, contact:
Director Dietetic Internship
University of Massachusetts- Amherst
100 Holdsworth Way
Chenoweth Lab, Room 236C
Amherst, MA 01003
phone: (413) 545-1066
fax: (413) 545-1074