Student Affairs and Campus Life currently has four Student Care Supply Closets across campus. We provide free toiletries and household items to students who are facing economic insecurity and/or an unexpected financial emergency. Student Care Supply Closets are stocked through donation drives, as well as the Student Care Emergency Response Fund.
If you are a current student and need to access toiletries and/or household items, visit one of the Student Care Supply Closets locations listed below and a staff member will be able to assist you. Click here to access the Supply Closet Shopping Sheet. If you have questions about the program, please email Tassandra Rios-Scelso, Food Insecurity Coordinator/Campus Compact VISTA at email@example.com.
Supply Closets Locations
- Dean of Students Office, 227 Whitmore Administration Building
- Center for Multicultural Advancement and Student Success, 101 Wilder Hall
- Off Campus Student Center, 314 Student Union Building
Student Veteran Resource Center, 19 Dickinson Hall
Supply Closets Items
Shea butter, sensitive skin, unscented, and non-mint products are needed.
*Please note, we cannot accept razors or mouthwash.
If you would like to donate to the Student Care and Emergency Response Fund directly, click here. The Student Care and Emergency Response Fund also supports the Microgrant Program which provides emergency grants to students experiencing an unexpected financial hardship.
- Check out the Food Security at UMass Amherst folder for tips and resources to help us address food insecurity as a campus community.
- Visit the Campus Food Security resource page, provided by Campus Compact for Southern New England, to learn more about the issue and efforts to promote food security at other campuses.