Our Sexual Assault Services provide survivors with:
- Peer Counseling: Walk-in during office hours or call for an appointment to meet with a Peer Counselor for up to 10 sessions.
- Safety Planning: Advocates can assist with identifying a plan and available safety resources.
- Support to survivors’ friends, family members, and significant others.
- Help with law enforcement and the courts: An advocate can explain the process for filing a criminal complaint with the police or help with getting a Restraining Order for relationship violence, sexual assault or stalking. Advocates can accompany you to your meetings at the police department, with the District Attorney’s Office or court.
- Help at the Emergency Department or with Health Care: An advocate can meet you at the hospital emergency room 24/hrs/day for a sexual assault exam. Seeking health care can be difficult after experiencing violence. Advocates can also accompany you to initial appointments with primary care providers, and family planning programs.
- Help with your school or college: Advocates can support you in reporting to a school or college official and can help protect your right to an education.
- Support Groups: CWC offers a variety of support groups for survivors of all genders and gender identities and expressions.
- Referrals: Advocates can assist you in getting long term counseling, housing, emergency financial assistance; food and other support services.
We also offer Specialized Teen Services
Specialized Teen Services are designed specifically for Hampshire County teens - of all gender identities – who have experienced or witnessed sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, harassment and/or any type of relational abuse. Our Teen Services also serve friends and family of teen survivors. We offer support over the phone or in person, at our offices and in many Hampshire County schools. We can also provide medical and legal advocacy services. Specialized Teen Services are available to consult with schools and youth-serving agencies about teen relational violence.