The Center for Teaching & Faculty Development (CTFD) supports the professional development of faculty across all career stages and disciplines with a wide range of programs and resources focused on teaching, mentoring, scholarly writing, tenure preparation, leadership, and work/life balance.
The CTFD is the proud recipient of The Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network in Higher Education's 2011 Robert J. Menges Award for Outstanding Research in Educational Development, an honor given in recognition of CTFD's work on the Mellon Mutual Mentoring Initiative.
Active Learning Institute
- May 19-20: D Christopher Brooks from EDUCAUSE, and J.D. Walker and Paul Baepler from University of Minnesota.
- To sign up, click here.
Team-Based Learning Workshops
- Tuesday, April 1st, 1:00PM to 2:30PM - Forming and Assessing Teams with TreaAndrea Russworm (English)
- Thursday, April 10th, 1:00PM to 2:30PM - Assessing Student Teams with Technology with Curt Griffin (Environmental Conservation)
- To sign up for any of these workshops, click here.
Incorporating Video Projects Into Your Classroom Teaching Model
- Thursday, April 10, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- To sign up, please see here.
- Collaboratively presented by the Libraries, OIT, and the CTFD.
Spring Mini Faculty Writing Retreats
- Friday, April 25, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- To signup, contact .
Annual Faculty Writing Retreat
* Tuesday, May 20, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
* To signup, contact
The CTFD welcomes Kem Saichaie, the new Director of Educational Technology who will oversee the integration of educational technology in traditional, hybrid, and online classes and lead the strategic, professional development, and assessment initiatives associated with the new Team-Based Learning classrooms at UMass.
The CTFD is proud to announce its involvement in the CIRTL grant from the National Science Foundation. For more info on our CIRTL programming for graduate students and postdocs, see here.