• 24c approved for Callisto spot treatment and reduced adjuvant when chemigating. Click here for label.
• 2(ee) QuinStar label for shorter injection times can be found here.
JUST OFF THE PRESSES:
• The Station is proud to offer a new book available for purchase: Identification Guide for Weeds in Cranberries.
This guide unites high-quality photographs with descriptions for 144 weeds commonly found throughout the North American cranberry growing regions. It contains nearly 1,000 photographs that illustrate botanical characteristics of weed species at different stages of development.
* Descriptions of "Similar Species" are provided to aid in correct identification.
* The "Features Key" helps to narrow down the identity of an unknown plant to a few possible species.
* "Priority Ratings" gauge the impact of each weed and its potential to colonize and reproduce.
Please click here for a sample. The cost per book is $25. Contact the Station by email or phone: (508) 295-2212 IPM Lab at ext 43 or the bookkeeper ext 12 to purchase.
• The current Newsletter dated July 20, 2015 is now available.
• The IPM message is active and has been updated as of July 31st. Please call: 508-295-2212 ext 60, or click here to visit the IPM page.
• The July 2015 Weather is now available.
• Don't forget, University policy states that you must renew your subscription EACH YEAR. Sign up here.
• According to Barnstable County Extension Entomologist Larry Dapsis, the lone star tick is headed this way. For more information, please see articles in the Cape Cod Times and the Barnstable Patriot.
• Job opportunity: Technical Associate in the Physiology Dept. Please click here for more info.
• If you click on a hyperlink from our website and are taken to a UMass "page not found" page, please try to refresh your browser first. If you continue to receive the error, please let us know.
• A Cranberry Health Research Center was established at UMass Dartmouth. This endeavor is funded by the UMass President's Office Science and Technology Initiative. Learn more about the Center at their website: Click Here
• There are now three filmclips on YouTube about flame cultivators.
• Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) Food Safety Manual now online by clicking here.
• In 2010, the Cranberry Station celebrated its 100th anniversary. Donations to the endowment are still being accepted.