• The November 2013 Newsletter is now available.
• The October 2013 Weather is now available.
• The Annual Cranberry Management Update Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 15, 2014. Registration info is included in our November 2013 newsletter and available here.
• We are now accepting applications for an Extension Plan Pathologist for the Station, the position previously held by Frank Caruso. To see a copy of the print ad, click here.
To Apply: Earliest start date is March 1, 2014. Review of applications begins December 2, 2013. Search will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application; a curriculum vitae; a statement of their philosophy of research and extension; and full contact information for three references who can comment on the candidate's research and extension abilities online to:
• The New England Vegetable and Fruit Conference will be held Dec 17-19 in Manchester NH. There are 2 cranberry talks scheduled for Tuesday from 9:30-noon during the Specialty Fruit session. Please see Page 11 of the brochure for more information.
• As part of the 150th Anniversary for UMass Amherst, Station Director Dr. Carolyn DeMoranville was recently interviewed for the UMass Amherst Alumni association. A link to the video interview is here.
• The publication "Cranberry Insects of the Northeast" is now available online.
• Prices have been slashed on 100th items: t-shirts and polo shirts. Stop in to see what we have!
• A Cranberry Health Research Center has been established at UMass Dartmouth. This endeavor is funded by the UMass President's Office Science and Technology Initiative. Learn more about the Center at their website: Click Here
• There are now three filmclips on YouTube about flame cultivators.
• Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) Food Safety Manual now online by clicking here.
• In 2010, the Cranberry Station celebrated its 100th anniversary. Donations to the endowment are still being accepted.