Class listings will display the per-credit fee. Please note that per-credit fees may vary between programs. The following is a list fees associated with certain study careers.
CPE Class Fees
- Fees for classes can be found in the Restrictions/Notes section on the class in SPIRE.
- Credit class: $47/term; non-refundable
- Non-Credit class: $6/term; non-refundable
Individualized Study Fees
- Undergraduate Independent Study or Practicum: $195/credit
- Graduate Independent Study or Practicum: $220/credit
- Summer Thesis/Dissertation: $195/credit
Non-CPE (University-scheduled) Class Fees
- Undergraduate-level students (including non-degree): $390/credit, plus CPE Campus Fee $221/credit (total $611/credit)
- Graduate-level students (including non-degree): see Bursar's website for rates
Graduate Service Fee
One-time, non-refundable $357 fee (entering graduate students only)
Undergraduate Entering Fee
One-time, non-refundable $135 fee applies to all undergraduate students admitted in Fall 2012 or later. Students admitted prior to Fall 2012 will continue paying the $75 Undergraduate Commencement Fee.
Undergraduate Commencement Fee
Undergraduate students who were admitted prior to Fall 2012 are assessed a $75 fee during the semester of graduation.
- Credit Card
- Check: Make payable to the University of Massachusetts (include your name and Student ID number on check).
UMass Bursar's Office Attn: CPE
215 Whitmore Bldg
181 President's Dr.
Amherst, MA 01003
- Cash payments should be made in-person at the Bursar's office at the above address.
Charges in SPIRE
Charges for Fall/Spring classes will appear in SPIRE about 6-8 weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
Bills are usually generated once/month. Bill notification is sent to your UMass email OR to the email address that we have on file. Paper bills are not generated.
We must have a purchase order or letter of authorization on file. Paperwork should be sent to address above.
In order to be eligible for a refund, you must OFFICIALLY drop your class by the end of Add/Drop. Notifying the instructor or ceasing to attend class does not constitute an official drop or withdrawal. See our Refund Policy for more information.