Students, here is your guide to services available at CPE.
Get help with:
- Planning your academic progress
- Taking advantage of the University's diverse resources
- Addressing academic concerns
Students who are enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program should contact their academic department for guidance.
Non-degree students (those who haven't yet applied for admission) contact:
Academic Regulations, Policies, and Procedures
For policies specific to Continuing & Professional Education Undergraduate Degree Programs, click here.
Here are some additional tools you'll need to learn the University's policies and procedures:
- Undergraduate Academic Regulations
- Graduate Student Handbook
- Academic Honesty
- Code of Student Conduct
- Dispute Resolution
- Fair Use Guidelines
- Fresh Start Policy
Student Validity Process
To assure that the student who enrolls in an online course/program is the same student who participates in and completes the program and receives the academic credits:
- The student who enrolls for the online course is ‘batched’ into the course through SPIRE and Blackboard Learn using only the information from their registration.
- The student uses their assigned login credential to actually log into the course each time they want access to the course.
- UMass Amherst IT’s acceptable use policy further addresses this topic.
- Therefore, the person who has those credentials is the same person doing the work.
- Online faculty state in their syllabus information about the University’s academic honesty rules and the potential results for any violations.
- Online faculty input grades via SPIRE for each student based upon the same registration information.
Electronic transcripts are now available to all current and former UMass Amherst students. To obtain a transcript, click here.
Students seeking transcripts for non-credit courses (those with subject areas beginning with LL, such as LLAMS) should contact the CPE Registration Office at email@example.com or call 413-545-3653 or 800-922-8211.
See the academic calendar to determine when grades will show on transcripts for each term. Grades for Summer Session 1 will not be reflected on transcripts until the entire summer term has ended.
Campus Alerts/Emergency Management
Office of Information Technologies (IT)
Ombuds Office and Campus Honesty Office
UMass Amherst Writing Center
University Health Services