UMass Community Connections is a new web portal to enable access by a variety of audiences to information about what the campus is doing in the community. It will be easy to navigate and allow for faculty and staff to add or edit their respective programs. Users can search by program type, impact area, or by community. There will also be a map that users can browse which will visually show the reach the campus has on the entire Commonwealth.
The new website will include the following elements and functionality:
Ability for all users to:
- Get overview of UMass Community Engagement
- View collection of Community Engagement Illustrators
- Program type
- Impact area
- All Programs
- Advanced Search (all fields)
- View interactive map of Community Engagement activity
- Submit a request for partnering
- Print results via a “Print This” button that simply formats the search results with a header identifying UMass Community Connections
- Generate lists based on reports for export to programs like Excel, Word, or Open Office analogs
- View links to other community engagement resources
- Send a note or comment to a staff person (email@example.com)
There are two phases of development for the Community Connections website.
- Phase 1: Data collection and editing. Previously collected data will be available for update.
- Phase 2: Design and additional search functionality implemented, including interactive map.
Questions and comments about this website should be directed to
Marla Michel, University Relations