Stockbridge School Commencement: Information for Seniors
- Caps, Gowns, Tassels
- Caps, gowns, and tassels, all prepaid by your Senior Fee, will be distributed as follows:
- Monday, May 7 through Thursday, May 10
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Campus Center, room 178
- Please bring your ID card.
- Diplomas will be mailed after grades have been processed. The anticipated mailing date is August 31, 2012.
If you would like your full middle name printed on your diploma, please contact Elizabeth Wiernasz, 121 Stockbridge Hall, no later than April 29.
Please confirm your mailing address with Elizabeth.
Students who completed their degree requirements in January 2012 and those who anticipate completing them by May 2012 are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
If you graduated in January 2012 and wish to attend the May 2012 ceremony, please contact Elizabeth Wiernasz, 121 Stockbridge Hall by April 6.
If you are scheduled to graduate after the Fall 2012 term, and wish to attend the May 2012 ceremony, please contact Dean Mitchell, 121 Stockbridge Hall by March 30.
Questions regarding degree requirements and/or graduation credits should be immediately directed to Dean Mitchell.
- Graduation Portrait Sittings
Tuesday April 24, 2012
Wednesday April 25, 2012
Thursday April 26, 2012
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Memorial Hall
GradImages® has been contracted to be the official graduation photographer. Each portrait sitting is efficient and takes less than 15 minutes and will result in multiple image choices. Free proofs of all images will be e-mailed and mailed to you, so there is no need to make your purchasing decision on that day. There is no obligation to purchase these photographs. The staff will have complete commencement regalia on site for you to use. Portraits may be of one individual or with friends.
Portraits will also be taken during the Commencement ceremony on May 12, 2012.
- Hometown Press Releases
- Each summer the Office of News & Media Relations sends press releases about in-state graduates to daily and weekly hometown newspapers in Massachusetts. Due to the large number of Stockbridge and UMass graduates involved, names are usually published in lists. Out-of-state graduates wishing to have press releases sent to their hometown newspapers must complete a form available from the Office of News & Media Relations at www.umass.edu/newsoffice or 413-545-0444.
- Commencement Ball
- Mark your calendars for the 15th annual Commencement Ball on Friday, May 4 when you’ll be able to celebrate your final days on campus with friends at the biggest graduation party of the year. The evening will include music, dancing, hors d’oeuvres, and desserts — all in honor of the class of 2012.
- The Student Alumni Association is proud to host this year’s Commencement Ball. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the Student Alumni Association web site or call the Alumni Association at 413-545-2317.
- Professional photographers will take pictures, available for purchase, as graduates receive their diplomas.
- Personal photography/videotaping is permitted provided it does not interfere with the ceremony.
- Plan to attend the reception at 11:30 a.m., immediately following the commencement ceremony. Refreshments will be served for all graduates and guests on the east lawn of Stockbridge Hall.
- A mandatory rehearsal will be held on Saturday, May 12 at 8:00 a.m. in Bowker Auditorium, Stockbridge Hall. The seating plan for candidates in each major will be arranged during rehearsal.