Join the Celebration: Be a Commencement Volunteer
Share the joy of 4,000 graduating seniors with their 20,000 guests as they leave their UMass Amherst student days and launch their newly minted alumni lives. To ensure smooth sailing on their departure date, Friday, May 13, we need volunteers to help as marshals, ushers, aides, and golf cart drivers. Your help will make this important event a success.
- Marshals organize graduates by school or college for the student processional into the stadium; escort them onto the field; and serve as field monitors. We need 60 people for this task.
- Aides greet guests as they enter the stadium, distribute programs, give directions, and direct guests to their seats. We need 50 people for this task.
- Ushers are in the stands and aid guests with seating, directions, and program information. We need 40 people for this task.
- Golf Cart Drivers transport guests with mobility issues from handicapped parking area and bus stop to stadium entrance gates.
You’ll see degrees conferred, flags unfurled, and mortarboards tossed into the air. In appreciation for your service to the university, you will receive a commemorative glass, snacks, and an opportunity to win fabulous prizes. Have high school aged children? They can volunteer too!
- Volunteer Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 11 at 10:00 a.m. at McGuirk Alumni Stadium
Report times on Friday, May 13:
- Aides and Users: Report at 3:00 p.m.
- Marshals: Report at 3:30 p.m.
- Golf Cart Drivers: Report at 3:00 p.m.
Interested? Complete the Volunteer Registration Form.