At the Undergraduate Commencement on May 10, 2013
- Handicapped-Accessible Parking
- Guests with documented disabilities who need handicapped-accessible parking must complete and submit an application form by Friday, April 19, 2013. Complete the online form or call 413-545-0892 to have it sent to you. Preference will be given to folks with HP or V plates/placards.
- To minimize the need to traverse long distances, guests with limited mobility should be dropped off at one of the designated bus stops regularly serviced by shuttle buses.
- A few golf-cart taxis will be available at the stadium's main gate, near the handicapped parking area at Stadium Gate 2/Section 20 to help guests with limited-mobility get to and from on-field seating and the buses.
- Lift-Equipped Shuttles
- Lift-equipped vans and shuttle-buses will make frequent runs from Parking Lot 26 to the Stadium. To request a ride, call 413-545-2086.
- Stadium Wheelchair Seating
- There is limited wheelchair seating on the field accessible from Section 20/Gate 2 in the northeast corner of the stadium complex. A small number of wheelchair seating areas are also accessible from the southwest ramp at Gate 4.
- On-Field Seating
- Folding chairs will be available at the rear of the field for ambulatory guests who cannot climb stairs. This seating is level with (but apart from) that for graduating students. Enter this area from Gate 2/Section 20.
- Sign or Oral Interpreters
- Sign-language or oral interpreters are available but must be requested no later than April 12 by e-mailing (with the subject line "Commencement Interpreter Request") to email@example.com.
At the Graduate Commencement on May 10, 2013
- Accessible/Handicap Parking
- The lot found adjacent to the Mullins Center is designated for handicap parking. Officers will be on duty during the event to help direct traffic to those specific areas. A state-issued handicapped parking permit suffices for parking in designated accessible spaces on campus.
- Preferential Guest Seating
- These seats are generally for people who have difficulty with mobility, sight, or hearing. Seating for family members and guests with special needs will be available in sections of the Mullins Center. No prior arrangements need to be made to secure seating in these areas, although it is recommended that you arrive early to secure seating. One companion may accompany guests seated in these sections. Seating for additional family members should be available within close proximity of the preferential seating areas.
- There are designated wheelchair seating locations in the Mullins Center. Those guests needing wheelchairs should make arrangements to bring their own; wheelchairs are not provided.
- Sign Language/Interpreter Services
- If you or any of your guests require the services of an interpreter, please contact the Office of Disability Services, 161 Whitmore Administration Building (Voice/TTY: 413-545-0892). The deadline for requesting interpreter services is April 5. If you require any other accommodations, e.g., wheelchair assistance during the ceremony, please contact the Graduate School at 413-545-5284.
At the Stockbridge Commencement on May 11, 2013
- Disability Services
- Wheelchair entry into Stockbridge Hall is located on the south side of the building. Lift equipped van service will be available upon request. Please call 413-545-2086 for reservations.
- Sign language or oral interpreters are available upon request. Call 413-545-0892 V/TTY no later than April 5, 2013.