Graduate Commencement: Accessibility
- Accessible/Handicap Parking
- The parking lot adjacent to the Mullins Center is designated for handicap parking. Officers will be on duty during the event to help direct traffic to those specific areas. A state-issued handicapped parking permit suffices for parking in designated accessible spaces on campus.
- Preferential Guest Seating
- These seats are for people who have difficulty with mobility, sight, or hearing. Seating for family members and quests with special needs will be available in sections of the Mullins Center. No prior arrangements need to be made to secure seating in these areas, although it is recommended that you arrive early to secure seating. One companion may accompany guests seated in these sections. Seating for additional family members should be available within close proximity of the preferential seating areas.
- There are designated wheelchair seating locations in the Mullins. Those quests needing wheelchairs should make arrangements to bring their own; wheelchairs are not provided.
- Sign Language/Interpreter Services
- If you or any of your guests require the services of an interpreter, please contact the Office of Disablity Services, 161 Whitmore Building (Voice/TTY: 413-545-0892). The deadline for requesting interpreter services is April 5. If you require any other accommodations, e.g., wheelchair assistance during the ceremony, please contact the Graduate School at 413-545-0722.