A. General Description: 10 hour Undergraduate Position (workstudy preferred)
The CMASS Cultural Centers continue a long history of providing programs that celebrate cultural traditions, understanding of own/other’s multifaceted identity/ies, nurturing and welcoming spaces for studying as well as resource referral to support student success.
The Cultural Center Events Coordinators uphold the mission of the cultural centers, are responsible for the daily operations, and for cultivating a welcoming and inclusive environment. Reappointment is dependent on department need, satisfactory performance evaluation, academic standing and funding availability.
Interested students should submit resume/cover letter and identify Cultural Centers in order of preference to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8. Positions available in the Josephine White Eagle, Yuri Kochiyama, and Latinx American and Malcolm X Cultural Centers.
B. Required Duties:
- Attend and engage in training from August 28-30.
- Attend and engage in weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly all cultural staff meetings
- Implement and evaluate assigned cultural event as well as maintain accurate records
- Assist with publicity and marketing of cultural event through social media
- Assist maintaining an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Follow office procedures; answer calls/emails, greet visitors, update several databases and calendars
- Provide support for on-site events and enforce use of space policy
- Work as member of team in rotational weekends shifts
C. Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate student in good standing enrolled in a degree program
- Able to work 10-hours a week between 1-9pm and 2-3 weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office (Outlook), Power-point
- Demonstrated experience following office/program procedures
D. Supervision Received
Reports directly to the Cultural Center Program Coordinator
Reports indirectly to the CMASS Director