- Graduate Students
- How to Apply
- Living in Amherst Area
- Graduate Student Directory
- Interdepartmental & Training Programs
- Core Equipment Facilities
- Association for Professional Development in Chemistry (APDC)
- Policies, Requirements & Guidelines
- Academic Calendar
- Graduate School
- Thesis & Dissertation Information
- Graduate School Funding Support
- Northeast Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate program
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising Memo
- Faculty Advisors
- CNS Academic Advising
- After Graduation
- Student Resources
- Course Descriptions
- Course Web Pages
- General Chemistry Lab Release
- Integrated Concentration in Science (iCons)
- Research Poster Winners
- Senior Awards Dinner
- Chemistry Clubs
- Scholarships & Awards
- Prospective Students
- Faculty & Research
- Events & Seminars
Scholarships & Awards
The Department of Chemistry and the College of Natural Sciences offer a variety of scholarships and awards to recognize the hard work and academic success of our students, assist students with the expense of their education, and support student research and internships. The majority of these scholarships and awards are funded through the generosity of alumni and other members of the CNS community. We encourage all current Chemistry students to apply.
How to apply to Academic Works
The university has implemented AcademicWorks, an online application system for scholarships offered at UMass Amherst. Simply enroll in AcademicWorks, fill out both the UMass general application and the CNS application. The system will automatically submit your application to the scholarships and awards for which you are fully eligible and will inform you of other scholarships for which you would need to supply additional materials to apply.
Enroll in AcademicWorks at the AcademicWorks webpage and sign in with your UMass Net ID and password.
• Complete both the general application and the CNS application. The system will show if you are eligible for scholarships that require additional application materials.
• Click on each scholarship link and upload any required supplementary materials (such as resumes or faculty recommendations).
• Submit your application and check your dashboard to see the status of any pending and submitted applications.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Complete list of Chemistry associated awards, including departmental awards not in Academic Works.
Select year level for specific awards and criteria.
Do you enjoy teaching? Do you want to become a teacher some day? Are you involved in SI instruction? Apply to the teaching related awards and scholarships.
Do you excel in research? Have you had notable success in the research lab? Do you want to continue your research this summer and have some income? Do you want to share your research with others? Apply to the research related awards and scholarships.
Have you succeeded in course work, in the lab carrying out research, as an SI instructor, or in service to the department? You can be nominated for these awards by your course instructors or lab directors. You can also qualify (without nomination) for these awards based on course work success and financial need. Check out the possible awards and honors available to you.