- Graduate Students
- How to Apply
- Living in Amherst Area
- Graduate Student Directory
- Interdepartmental & Training Programs
- Core Equipment Facilities
- Association for Professional Development in Chemistry (APDC)
- Policies, Requirements & Guidelines
- Academic Calendar
- Graduate School
- Thesis & Dissertation Information
- Graduate School Funding Support
- Northeast Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate program
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising Memo
- Faculty Advisors
- CNS Academic Advising
- After Graduation
- Student Resources
- Course Descriptions
- Course Web Pages
- General Chemistry Lab Waiver
- Course Override Petition
- Integrated Concentration in Science (iCons)
- Research Poster Winners
- Senior Awards Dinner
- Chemistry Clubs
- Scholarships & Awards
- Prospective Students
- Faculty & Research
- Events & Seminars
Dear Chemistry Majors,
To register for classes:
Make an appointment with your advisor BEFORE your “Enrollment Date” (listed in Spire).
List of advisors, email addresses, office locations on the Faculty Advisors page.
Holds will be released by your advisor, after your advising session.
Who is your advisor?
Look up your assigned chemistry advisor in Spire by selecting the Campus Profiles tab.
List of faculty advisors under the Advising tab.
What to bring to your advising meeting:
- your proposed schedule
- a completed course checklist for appropriate degree (BA or BS) in which grades for completed courses are written in, and courses presently being taken are checked off.
Advisor Alert Holds and Credit Alert Holds: Must be removed before registering for classes by the Chief Undergraduate Advisor.
Your chemistry advisor will counsel you regarding course selections and our curriculum. However, within limits imposed by the College and the University, the final choice is yours. It is your responsibility to ensure that departmental, college, and university requirements are satisfied.
If you have any questions, please ask.
Undergraduate Program Manager
Integrated Sciences Building (ISB) 341G (firstname.lastname@example.org)