Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life
Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life (SACL) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. We are a campus community that actively embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion grounded in core values of compassion, care, and concern for others. We center around eight key functions that together create a supportive living and learning environment of responsive care and support for retention, graduation, and success beyond college. Our range of programs and services include New Student Orientation, Parent Services, Residential Life, the Recreation Center, Center for Counseling and Psychological Health, the Dean of Students Office, the Center for Multicultural Advancement and Student Success, Religious and Spiritual Life, Advocacy Inclusion and Support programs, Veterans Services, Student Activities, Student Government, and more.
Together our programs and services:
- Transition and connect students to campus
- Foster positive campus climate
- Cultivate inclusion and diversity
- Develop opportunities for civic engagement and co-curricular learning
- Create immersive living-learning environments
- Provide listening, care, and focused support for students in crisis
- Support wellness, health, and safety
- Prepare students for a successful transition to their post-UMass future
We invite students, student family members, staff, and faculty to explore and engage with the rich array of experiences and opportunities available through Student Life. We look forward to meeting you!