How to Contract with CED
If you wish to contract with CED, please call us or email us with your project
or research needs. We will be able to guide you through the process, assess whether
your needs complement the Center's mission and goals and if we have the expertise
required to assist you. We will provide you with a scope of services and estimated
We work with faculty and students who follow an academic calendar. As such,
we accept projects on a semester by semester basis. For projects to be undertaken
in the Spring Semester (January through May) please contact us during November
or December. For Fall Semester projects (September through December) please
contact us during July and August. We do not normally consider projects during
The following criteria are used to determine priority projects:
- Meeting critical needs for distressed communities.
- Focusing on commercial or industrial development or entrepreneurship.
- Targeting rural communities or distressed regions.
- Providing technical assistance when professional skills are unavailable.
- Developing focused studies on generic problems of common critical concern.
- Stimulating local capacity building for economic development.
- Undertaking "cutting edge" studies significant to the region
The projects are selected based on the following:
- Analysis of critical needs by CED staff and planners in distressed communities
such as Chicopee, Holyoke and Springfield.
- Determination by CED staff of areas of common critical concern.
- Request for technical services from the distressed regions.
- Significance and timeliness of studies and projects.