Graduate and Professional School
Should You Go to Graduate or Professional School?
Before pursuing graduate or professional school, ask yourself a few questions:
- Why do I want to go to graduate school?
- Do I need a graduate degree to further my career?
- Am I passionate enough about a subject to engage in intensive study?
- What program will best fit my needs and interests?
- Should I start a graduate program immediately, or work for a few years instead?
- Should I build more hands-on experience in my field before attending graduate school?
- Can I afford graduate school?
Career Services Suggests: Don't go to grad school just because you don't know what else to do with yourself. If you are unclear about your options, come speak with an advisor.
Researching Graduate and Professional Schools
- The Graduate School Guide
- College Source Online (Only available to UMass Amherst users connecting with OIT's UMAccess)
- U.S. News: America's Best Graduate Schools
- Master's Degree Online Information
- Online PhD Program Information
- Find the best - Business Schools
- Find the best - Law School
- Find the best - Medical Schools
Graduate School Testing
- GRE- Graduate Record Examinations
- CPA- Accounting Institute Seminars
- DAT- ADA Online: Dental Admission Testing Program
- GMAT- GMAC MBA Explorer
- LSAT- Law School Admission Council
- NCLEX- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- MCAT- AAMC: Medical College Admission Test