Need help with your college-to-career transition?
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is continuing to closely monitor the challenges associated with COVID-19 and its impact on student internships.
As such, we have partnered with Parker Dewey to provide the opportunity to pursue a Micro-Internship.
These opportunities are:
- paid work experience
- completely remote!
Get Experience, Virtually!
Through Micro-Internships, students can demonstrate their skills, explore career paths, and develop their professional networks. These paid opportunities typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and students can be selected for multiple Micro-Internships.
It’s a win-win!
Students and employers have an opportunity to work with one another before committing to an internship or full-time role.
As the nation responds to the dynamic environment as a result of COVID-19, new Micro-Internship opportunities are being posted daily.
How Does a Micro-Internship Work?
- STEP 1: Create an account
- STEP 2: Fill out your profile as completely as possible
- STEP 3: Review current Micro-Internship projects available
- STEP 4: Continue to check the platform regularly for new opportunities
Students who are interested in receiving one credit for a 40-hour micro-internship can do so with permission from a faculty sponsor.
- Reaching out to a faculty member to sponsor this remote arrangement (departments have varying guidelines)
- Filling out an Internship Contract on Handshake (Click on “Experiences - Request an Experience”)
- Asking your supervisor (employer) to fill out an evaluation when the work is completed
- Signing up for summer academic credit through UMass University Without Walls