Are you one of the many students who want to enhance their UMass experience with an internship abroad? Or maybe you’re just someone looking for a bit of adventure overseas? Whether you are a worldly traveler or someone just seeking new opportunities an internship or work experience abroad is an exciting way to learn more about other cultures, while learning more about yourself.
Benefits of an International Internship
• Bridges a study abroad experience with a work experience.
• Gives you an opportunity to learn a new language.
• Make contacts for future travel or employment.
• Gain an understanding of other cultures and environments.
• You have an opportunity to travel the world!
How to Find the Right Internship for You
The key to finding the right international internship for you is to start exploring resources and opportunities very early. Do as much research as you can. Collect the most information you can before making your decision. Even research the area where you want to spend a semester of your college career. Once you have done enough research here are a few tips before you start your internship experience:
- Contact organizations which interest you.
- Send your resume with a short cover letter
- Be clear about what you can do.
- Remember that terms like "internship" may not mean the same in other countries.
- Do you expect to be paid or not? Very few internships abroad will pay you.
- Will you need support such as assistance with finding a place to live?
- Get the terms of the internship in writing if possible.
Internships abroad may be challenging but it may make your UMass experience that much better. Here are some resources to aid you in your research.
AIESEC is the world's largest student-run organization. Focused on providing a platform for youth leadership development, AIESEC offers young people the opportunity to be global citizens, to change the world, and to get experience and skills that matter today.
Search a directory of over 17,000 opportunities to find the best international internship for you!
Offers worldwide placement based on your area of interest. Many of the positions offered on this site are paid, but some are unpaid.
Has a large amount of great information on study and work abroad.
Going Global is an eRecruiting resource for international internships.
At CISabroad we are COMMITTED to giving you the best value in study abroad.
GoAbroad.com is dedicated to providing this information in a clean and less-commercial format. Advertising space is limited and strategically placed for the most cohesive design. GoAbroad.com is a very user-friendly site, graphics are developed with load time as a priority, search directories and content are created as the market demands.
Planning your next volunteer, study or adventure program abroad? Create your own Travel Campaign and start raising funds now!