UMass Amherst faculty, along with UMass Career Services, are critical to helping our students through the sometimes complicated process of securing employment after graduation. Often, you will play a major role when potential employers contact you directly. However, just as often, in an effort to assist students and employers ethical and legal issues may arise.
To help you provide strong and comprehensive - and ethically and legally sound - assistance, the National Association of Colleges and Employers has created a Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring.
The guide can be found here. Please do not hesitate to contact our office at (413) 545 2224 if you have any questions.
Resources For Your Students
- Resume review and 15-minute walk-in appointments Monday-Friday from 1:00-4:00pm
- Career planning and exploration
- Appointments with career advisors
- Internships and co-op information
- Job search online database
- Calendar Workshops, career fairs, and employer information sessions.
Resources For You
- Request a class presentation
- Sponsor an internship
- Get tips for writing letters of recommendation
- Download a resume rubric for grading writing assignments
- Contact the UMass Career Services Advisor for your department